Requisition Number: [[Requisition Number]]
Job Title: Director of Business Development
Is responsible for leading the company’s business development and marketing efforts. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Plans, directs, and coordinates business development and marketing activities by performing duties personally. In the performance of these functions, it is the Business Development Director’s responsibility to protect and promote T. A. Loving Company’s interests in all matters and to do what is reasonably necessary to discharge his/her duties which include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Source out new work through personal contacts, attendance at Industry Forums, industry research, online bid information and lead generation.
- Confirm that the type of work pursued fits our general business model and risk profile in coordination with Division Manager.
- Work in conjunction with the executive team to determine prospective projects and to ensure they are incorporated into bid pursuit planning.
- Make recommendations to the Division Manager on prospective projects and probabilities for securing that project.
- Build relationships with potential Joint Venture partners.
- Build the appropriate internal team to match project requirements for short-listing purposes.
- Prepare responses to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Track the progress of proposal development and ensure the proposal is fully compliant and delivered on time.
- Tailor a proposal for new work to the requirements of the client or project being bid.
- Consult with Estimators for final budget and price confirmation related to project pursuits.
- Attend client / consultant meetings during the procurement phase.
- Utilize strong marketing abilities to promote the company brand.
- Build community relationships with all potential stakeholders for current and future work.
- Coordinate with others to compile and track materials for proposals per deadlines, ensuring that client's request for proposals are fully met.
- Oversee, coordinate and assist in the assembly of proposal documents.
- Participate with project managers in the selection and recommendation of appropriate projects and personnel to be included in proposal, according to the request for proposal (RFP).
- Perform other related duties such as involvement in special projects, assistance with creating marketing materials, and attendance at various meetings or functions.
- Research and report on the activities, trends, and pursuits of company competitors.
- Research and report on current market trends.
- Other duties as assigned by Division Manager.
Education/Experience: Four-year college degree in related field preferred and (12) years minimum industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensing/Certification: Must maintain a valid driver license and good driving record. OSHA Training courses as required by the company safety policy(s).
Who We Are
With over 93 years of higher education, healthcare and bridge/utility experience, T.A. Loving Company ( NC GC License No. 325) is a proven leader in the construction industry. Our commitment to quality and integrity are just two examples of why we have a repeat client list. We appreciate the long-term relationships that we carry with us, and also the longstanding employees that have stayed with our company for many years. Our loyal employees make the success of our company possible, and many employees have dedicated their entire careers to T.A. Loving.
What We Stand For
What you do matters. Experience T.A. Loving Company's culture where you are valued and appreciated to work together to live out our 5 Core Values: Integrity, Safety, Excellence, Client Advocacy, Teamwork, and High Ethical Standards
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. T. A. Loving Company is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.