Requisition Number: [[Requisition Number]]
Job Title: Health Care Commercial Construction Superintendent
Manage site operations, ensuring project safety, quality, and production goals, objectives, and contractual requirements are achieved on time and under budget. Verify availability and shipment of all project equipment and materials.
Safety & Risk Management
- Complete daily safety reports.
- Complete Project Risk Assessment to fully understand health and safety hazards, labor shortages, productivity issues, subcontractor defaults/claims, quality control, etc., and mitigate all associated risks and negative impacts.
- Monitor compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Abide by the Company’s Fleet Driving Policy.
- Inspect work daily, ensuring quality meets or exceeds contract requirements.
- Make recommendations to Foreman on necessary quality improvement.
- Assist Project Manager and General Superintendent with project schedule development based on work type, crews, equipment, and subcontractors needed.
- Assist Project Manager with properly completing and/or updating the project schedule.
- Study project specifications and plans to create construction procedures to achieve competition on time and under budget.
- Coordinate daily project team activities to meet scheduling expectations.
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors.
- Order and ensure delivery of necessary tools, equipment, and materials at the required times per the work schedule.
- Assist Project Manager in completing pay requests as required by contract documents.
- Develop a final punch list; ensure all project tasks are completed.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients, inspectors, vendors, subcontractors, and crews.
- Direct and train Project Engineers, Foremen, and Crews, ensuring continued development.
- Complete detailed crew performance reviews with the Foreman’s support.
- Train, mentor, and coach employees through concise instructions, practical feedback, and celebratory praise.
- Anticipate and solve problems with a positive mindset and focus on solutions.
- Encourage and expect honesty and openness from yourself and all crew members.
- Hold yourself and the team to uncompromising standards, personally and professionally.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED and four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensing/Certification: Must maintain a valid driver license and good driving record. OSHA Training courses as required by the company safety procedures.
Who We Are
With over 97 years of higher education, healthcare and bridge/utility experience, T.A. Loving Company is a proven leader in the construction industry. Our commitment to quality and integrity are just two examples of why we have a repeat client list. We appreciate the long-term relationships that we carry with us, and also the longstanding employees that have stayed with our company for many years. Our loyal employees make the success of our company possible, and many employees have dedicated their entire careers to T.A. Loving.
What We Stand For
What you do matters. Experience T.A. Loving Company's culture where you are valued and appreciated to work together to live out our 5 Core Values: Integrity, Safety, Excellence, Client Advocacy, Teamwork, and High Ethical Standards.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. T. A. Loving Company is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.