Schedule, manage, integrate, and purchase as directed by project managers, superintendents, foremen, and other company leadership.
Safety & Risk Management
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings and talk with field management and crews about safety.
- Immediately address and then educate on any unsafe conditions or acts whether observed or brought to your attention.
- Engage in all tasks with a safety-first mindset.
- Abide by the Company’s Fleet Driving Policy.
- Assist Project Manager with preparation and completion of weekly updates on reports and quantities.
- Review submittals for conformance to contract documents.
- Maintain Submittal Log & Inventory Control Log
- Inventory Control, material verification and conformation
- Tracks material & equipment delivery.
- Accurately track project issues and maintain documentation.
- Maintain accurate RFI logs weekly.
- Prepare progress meeting agendas; keep, distribute, and save accurate meeting minutes.
- Review correspondences and requests from engineer and owner for changes of work.
- Maintain subcontractor and owner change orders.
- Invoice review and coding
- Assist Project Manager in completing subcontracts and purchase orders for buyout process.
- Assist subcontractor with scheduling and communication.
- Actively assist project superintendent with progress reporting.
- Assists with completion and project closeouts.
- Assist superintendent in getting timely and accurate material deliveries.
- Obtain all required project permits.
- Assist in change management process.
- Field Use drawings
- Participate in regular owner, subcontractor, and engineer meetings.
- Actively communicate with owners regarding their needs and questions throughout a project.
- Anticipate and solve problems with a positive mindset and focus on solutions.
- Hold yourself to uncompromising standards, personally and professionally.
- Coach, mentor, and train all jobsite personnel.
- Consistently build strong positive relationships with clients, inspectors, subcontractors, and crews.
Education/Experience: Two years internship or on the job experience requiredSkills, Knowledge and Ability:
Knowledgeable with the processes and procedures of utility construction. Familiar with software programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, ProCore, etc. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who We Are
With over 97 years of higher education, healthcare and bridge/utility experience, T. A. Loving Company ( NC GC License No. 325) is a proven leader in the construction industry. Our commitment to quality and integrity are just two examples of why we have a repeat client list. We appreciate the long-term relationships that we carry with us, and also the longstanding employees that have stayed with our company for many years. Our loyal employees make the success of our company possible, and many employees have dedicated their entire careers to T. A. Loving.
What We Stand For
What you do matters. Experience T.A. Loving Company's culture where you are valued and appreciated to work together to live out our 5 Core Values: Integrity, Safety, Excellence, Client Advocacy, Teamwork, and High Ethical Standards.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. T. A. Loving Company is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.