Requisition Number: [[Requisition Number]]
Job Title: Utility Project Engineer
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit. May also directly supervise one or more non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Establishes and enforces job site policies, procedures, and standards of performance within boundaries of company policy. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance of employees and subcontractors; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Coordinates and assists project manager and superintendent with planning, control, integration and completion of assigned project. The Project Engineer will assist in daily tasks, material deliveries, and overall project coordination.
- Assists Project Manager in completing Subcontracts and Purchase orders for buyout process.
- Maintains and assists Project Manager with Preparation and Completion of weekly updates on reports and quantities.
- Maintains, and updates a complete Submittal Log.
- Reviews submittals for conformance to contract documents.
- Tracks submittal process.
- Maintains and updates Subcontractor and Owner Change orders.
- Maintains and updates RFI logs.
- Prepares Progress meeting agendas and keeps up with meeting minutes.
- Accurately tracks projects issues and maintains documentation.
- Maintains and assist subcontractor schedule and communication.
- Reviews Subcontractor proposals for accuracy and scope of work conformance.
- Reviews correspondence and request from engineer and owner for change or work.
- Actively communicates with owners and their needs and questions as they arise on a project.
- Actively assists the project Superintendent with quantity collecting and enforcement of site safety.
- Assists with completion and project closeouts.
- Assist Superintendent in getting all necessary materials on site and verifying they are correct.
- Other duties assigned
Education/Experience: High School diploma and/or GED required. Two-year college degree preferred and/or equivalent experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability: Knowledgeable with the processes and procedures of utility construction. Familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Outlook preferred. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who We Are
With over 93 years of higher education, healthcare and bridge/utility experience, T.A. Loving Company ( NC GC License No. 325) is a proven leader in the construction industry. Our commitment to quality and integrity are just two examples of why we have a repeat client list. We appreciate the long-term relationships that we carry with us, and also the longstanding employees that have stayed with our company for many years. Our loyal employees make the success of our company possible, and many employees have dedicated their entire careers to T.A. Loving.
What We Stand For
What you do matters. Experience T.A. Loving Company's culture where you are valued and appreciated to work together to live out our 5 Core Values: Integrity, Safety, Excellence, Client Advocacy, Teamwork, and High Ethical Standards.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. T. A. Loving Company is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.