Requisition Number: [[Requisition Number]]
Job Title: Utility Foreman
Manages crew which includes one or more operator, skilled laborer and pipelayer. Is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of this unit. May also directly supervise one or more non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Establishes and enforces job site policies, procedures, and standards of performance within boundaries of company policy. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assisting with appraisal performance; assisting with rewarding and disciplining employees; communicating and/or addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Directs, schedules and coordinates activities of designated Crew to ensure that production goals and objectives of project or task are accomplished safely within prescribed time frame and contractual requirements by performing the following duties personally.
- Works and ensures crew works safely and within the Guidelines as set forth by OSHA and or company safety policy.
- Maintains a safe work zone for the traveling public.
- Possess a working knowledge of all types of utility construction that may be performed by TA Loving Company.
- Working knowledge of each position on the crew.
- Knowledge and capability to run each piece of equipment that may be necessary to complete the task that the crew may be engaged in daily.
- Maintains daily reports and completes time sheets necessary for work completed.
- Capable of communicating with owners and public in a respectable manner.
- Capable of training each crew member in his / her position.
- Establishes a daily work plan for the crew
- Verifies all materials necessary to complete the days task are on site and correct.
- Capable of reading and interpreting plans.
- Capable of using all necessary tools to complete work.
- Anticipates and solves problems.
- Any other duties assigned
Education/Experience: High School Diploma and four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensing/Certification: Must maintain a valid driver license and good driving record. OSHA Training courses as required by the company safety procedures.
Who We Are
With over 97 years of higher education, healthcare and bridge/utility experience, T. A. Loving Company ( NC GC License No. 325) is a proven leader in the construction industry. Our commitment to quality and integrity are just two examples of why we have a repeat client list. We appreciate the long-term relationships that we carry with us, and also the longstanding employees that have stayed with our company for many years. Our loyal employees make the success of our company possible, and many employees have dedicated their entire careers to T. A. Loving.
What We Stand For
What you do matters. Experience T. A. Loving Company's culture where you are valued and appreciated to work together to live out our 5 Core Values: Integrity, Safety, Excellence, Client Advocacy, Teamwork, and High Ethical Standards
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. T. A. Loving Company is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.