Work with owners, architects, and construction teams while managing the workload and development of the preconstruction/estimating team.
Safety & Bid Management
- Track, select, and bid projects with a safety-first mindset.
- Abide by the Company’s Fleet Driving Policy.
- Collaborate with owners, architects, and the TA Loving team on construction projects throughout the many phases of development.
- Maintain Preconstruction schedule.
- Delegate tasks to the Preconstruction/Estimating staff ensuring the timely preparation of deliverables.
- Prepare and analyze cost models during the preconstruction phase and bidding period.
- Assemble General Conditions in collaboration with the operations team.
- Develop and maintain a cost history database to be used in developing budgets and estimates throughout the preconstruction phase.
- Assemble Preconstruction Deliverables as required in our Pre-Construction Agreements
- Studies and complies with owner contract requirements.
- Keeps up to date on State General Statue changes as they relate to public bid law.
- Manage an extensive pipeline of diverse projects
- Stay up to date on estimating methods and technology, methods of construction and materials, construction costs, wages and related costs, productivity rates, working rules, and other industry trends.
- Consistently build strong positive relationships through active industry and community engagement.
- Foster and enhance relationships with owners and architects.
- Develop, train on, and ensure adherence to estimating policies and procedures.
- Meet with owners, architects, subcontractors, and others in pursuing and execution of work.
- Hire and actively develop pre-construction and estimating staff. Train and develop the team comprehensively.
- Anticipate and solve problems with a positive mindset and focus on solutions.
- Hold yourself and your team to uncompromising ethical standards, personally and professionally.
- Coach, mentor, and train all personnel.
- Give ongoing feedback to other preconstruction and estimators.
- Complete annual performance reviews for the estimating team, giving detailed feedback and setting SMART goals for the upcoming year.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or equivalent
- Ten (10) or more years’ estimating experience
- Five (5) or more years’ experience managing a team in estimating, cost control, and scheduling
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, etc
- Strong communication and people skills
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to prepare a scope of work
- Experience reading and understanding project documents
- Easily move between detail orientation to innovative strategic thinking
- Experienced in planning, collaboration, and conflict-resolution skills
- Estimating Software proficiency
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. T. A. Loving Company is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.