Requisition Number: [[Requisition Number]]
Job Title: Building Estimator
Responsible for coordination of all tasks related to submitting hard bid estimates. Additionally, assist pre-construction team with all tasks related to assembling CMr and Design Build budgets and Guaranteed Maximum Pricing documents.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and pre-construction team to evaluate project specifications, requirements, and timelines.
- Develop or assist in developing cost of work pricing, general condition, site logistics, and verification of schedules with the project team.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings and attend site visits to determine scope of work.
- Prepare RFI’s for design team clarification.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating bid proposal packages, including bid bonds, bid proposals, MWBE forms, and other additional forms required by the general conditions or bidder requirements.
- Maintain meticulous documentation of subcontractor outreach, scope verification, MWBE requirements, as required by the owner or the general conditions.
- Plan bid win strategy that is profitable and meets Owner MWBE requirements.
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers. Follow up with subcontractors to gauge interest and ensure adequate trade participation prior to the bid.
- Conduct and log comprehensive quantity take-offs, subcontractor outreach, and material analysis to determine accurate cost estimates.
- Generate subcontractors’ scopes sheet to assist in bid leveling.
- Prepare and assemble detailed estimates through takeoffs and specifications reviews for accurate proposals.
- With the Pre-Con Team, complete post-bid review for continuous process improvement.
- For successful bids, participate in hand-off meetings providing project and field management with complete bid documentation and recap the subcontractor negotiation that was instrumental in helping win the project.
- Develop or maintain a call/solicitation log as directed by the Pre-Con team.
- Bid projects with a Safe Work or No Work Mindset
- Anticipate and solve problems with a positive mindset and focus on solutions.
- Hold yourself to uncompromising Ethical standards, personally and professionally.
- Mentor, coach, and train Pre-Con engineers.
- Consistently build strong positive relationships with vendors, field management, and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or equivalent experience
- At least three years experience in pre-construction or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, estimating software, etc.
- Strong communication and people skills
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Experience reading and understanding bid documents
- Experienced in planning, collaboration, and conflict-resolution
Who We Are
With over 93 years of higher education, healthcare and bridge/utility experience, T.A. Loving Company ( NC GC License No. 325) is a proven leader in the construction industry. Our commitment to quality and integrity are just two examples of why we have a repeat client list. We appreciate the long-term relationships that we carry with us, and also the longstanding employees that have stayed with our company for many years. Our loyal employees make the success of our company possible, and many employees have dedicated their entire careers to T.A. Loving.
What We Stand For
What you do matters. Experience T.A. Loving Company's culture where you are valued and appreciated to work together to live out our 5 Core Values: Integrity, Safety, Excellence, Client Advocacy, Teamwork, and High Ethical Standards.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. T. A. Loving Company is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.