Plans, directs, and coordinates preconstruction activities of designated project(s) to ensure that cost estimates and/or project budgets accurately account for the complete scope of the assigned project(s) by performing duties personally. In the performance of these functions, it is the Senior Estimator’s responsibility to protect and promote T. A. Loving Company’s interests in all matters and to do what is reasonably necessary to discharge his/her duties
Manage and lead the estimating team (which may include a diverse group of company personnel) in the assembly and delivery of a bid.
* Consults with project team (Project Executive, Project Manager, Superintendent, etc.) for review of constructability issues, logistics, schedule durations, general conditions, and other associated risks and ensures all costs are represented in bid and/or proposal.
* Thoroughly reviews and maintains an in depth understanding of the bid and/or budget documents to ensure complete coverage of scope and risks.
* Consults with Risk Dept. to ensure costs for specified insurances are accounted for in bids and/or proposals.
* Responsible for pre-qualification and disqualification of potential bidders.
* Responsible for the accuracy and assembly of preconstruction deliverable(s) at all phases of preconstruction services.
* With sufficient notice, provides direction to bid-day team so that those involved are familiar with the project and their assignments prior to bid day.
* Manages Building Division bid solicitation software/systems.
* Tracks and orders plans for potential projects to bid.
* Attends pre-bid and/or pre-proposal meetings and prepares appropriate questions for owner or design professional to clarify bid/contract documents and/or proposal questions.
* Leads coordination of plan deposits, bid bonds, and bid proposal preparation.
* Plans bidding strategy to meet or exceed minority participation requirements.
* Responsible for any public advertisement requirements required by law and/or client.
* Analyze pre-bid project activities for compliance with government regulatory or other governmental agencies (i.e. OSHA, NCDENR, etc.)
* Prepares and assembles detailed estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages.
* Reviews quotes, proposals, estimates received from material suppliers and subcontractors for accuracy.
* Participate in and/or lead preconstruction meetings and conferences with clients and other stakeholders.
* Maintain and update historical cost database.
* Consults with client, design professionals, subcontractors, and material suppliers to formulate cost estimates and generate cost reduction suggestions.
* Prepares subcontractor and supplier lists.
* In conjunction with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent, develops detailed scope(s) of work to be included in bid packages.
* Participates in post-bid review and provides project manager with information on subcontractors and suppliers in post-bid meeting.
* Leads transfer of information from preconstruction team to construction team.
* Anticipates and solves problems. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice to solve problems.
* Assist the Business Development Director with marketing efforts and project pursuits.
* Participate in Project Plan Presentations and Post-Mortem Meetings.
* Regularly meets with Subcontractors and attends networking events to establish new and improve existing relationships.
* Actively recruits new vendor relationships (material suppliers and subcontractors).
* Reviews subcontract awards with Division personnel to anticipate and avoid overextending subcontractor resources.
Four-year college degree in related field preferred and (8) to (10) years industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. (6) years of commercial construction estimating experience required, preferably under multiple delivery methods (CM@R, Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build)
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.